How to Write Dissertations on Tourism-Related Topics
Have you been looking online for topics for a dissertation on tourism or some aspect of the tourist industry? If so, you have found the best place to get help with any writing project, including dissertations. That is because TopThesis.com has vast expertise in helping students develop topic ideas on travel, tourism, hospitality, and more. Therefore, we can help you with the various chapters of an academic project, like a dissertation, by providing tips, ideas, samples, examples, and other support materials.
Tourism is quite vast in terms of topics, and most of the related titles involve travel, accommodation, hospitality, managing the show, and so on. Essentially, this industry is about making travel and everything that goes with that as comfortable as possible for travelers who go to different countries for various reasons. Some people travel for business purposes or education; others travel for research purposes, and some travel purely for recreation. Writing a tourism dissertation is one of the best ways of acquiring knowledge in this field and learning how to handle any unexpected challenges that practitioners might encounter throughout their careers. Therefore, failing to come up with good ideas or to choose the right topic can cost you dearly in the long term.
TopThesis.com offers the best selection of topics for a tourism dissertation, and we have gained a good reputation with students in the UK hoping to pursue careers in this industry. Our expert writers have broken the field of tourism down into some sub-headings for which they have provided several interesting topic ideas. These sub-headings include managing tourism, dark tourism, ecotourism, educational tourism, medical tourism, and wellness (or health) tourism.
Topics for a Dissertation on Managing Tourism
Understanding how the tourist industry in any country is managed can provide valuable insight into several aspects of this industry, e.g., travel, hospitality, accommodation, and so on. If you are studying tourism management, writing a dissertation is a great way of learning how the show is managed. Our expert writers have provided the following topic ideas for a dissertation on this area of tourism:
- To what extent do travelers worry about the cost – how does the price compare to convenience?
- What factors impact the way hospitality is provided at various UK tourist attractions?
- How integrated marketing methods are used to promote a travel or tourist site.
- What do luxury hotels in remote UK cities require in the way of marketing?
- What is the best way to incentivize employees in luxury hotels to ensure guests enjoy a great experience?
Topics for a Dissertation on Dark Tourism
The tourism area referred to as "dark" is focused on travel to places with a negative or dark history. For example, these places can be war zones, places with mass graves, haunted places, and so on, and they tend to attract travelers looking for adventure. Some topics on this aspect of tourism include:
- Which are more interesting – sites that have been struck by natural catastrophes or have been purpose-built?
- Does a local community that has a history of death and/or suffering benefit in any commercial or social way from visits by tourists?
- What factors influence British tourists' choice to visit dark tourist sites in other countries?
- What factors influence the decision of UK tourism providers to promote dark tourism at home?
- What are the perceptions and attitudes of British tourists towards those dark sites that have been man-made, e.g., Ground Zero in New York?
- How communication methods are used in the United Kingdom to market and promote dark tourist sites.
Topics for a Dissertation on Ecotourism
Ecotourism is an aspect of tourism focused on maintaining environmental health and promoting the environmental well-being of our planet. A tourist is a guest of any country he or she visits. However, bad behavior on their part can give rise to concern. When it comes to writing a dissertation on ecotourism, our writers recommend these topics:
- Does an excess of solidarity threaten the environmental well-being of a tourist site?
- How or why ecotourism helps improve economies in still-developing nations.
- How American tourists perceive, and what their attitudes are – regarding ecotourism.
- Has the Thai tourist industry been influenced or affected by Tsunami conditions?
- Critically evaluate those foreign tourist practices that threaten the environment in the UK.
- How the buying habits of UK tourists are affected by ecotourism.
Topics for a Dissertation on Educational Tourism
Tourism for educational purposes is drawing considerable attention owing to the worldwide debate about brain drain. The eagerness to obtain a good-quality education encourages students to travel to different places worldwide. They travel to foreign countries, live there for a while, and take courses to get the best possible education. Choosing topics for a dissertation on educational tourism is something that perplexes a lot of students. However, it is no mystery to the writers at TopThesis.com and here are some of the topics they recommend for this area of tourism:
- Why cultural exchange programs to the USA are popular with UK students.
- How would you measure satisfaction rates among UK students after a one-year AFS exchange program?
- What are the attitudes and perceptions of higher education students towards volunteering in South African summer camps?
- What are the attitudes and perceptions of UK students towards visiting Chinese-speaking countries for educational purposes?
- What are the attitudes and perceptions of overseas students towards traveling to the UK to study?
- Why undergraduate-level students from the UK decide to join US placement programs.
- How would you measure international students' satisfaction levels after joining a UK study program?
Topics for a Dissertation on Medical Tourism
The concept of the medical tourist is founded on the belief that not every country in the world can cure every conceivable disease. Hence, those willing to travel go to other countries – mostly the USA and UK - to seek the best available treatments, hoping to permanently rid themselves of whatever disease is afflicting them. Our writers suggest the following topics for a dissertation on medical tourism:
- Using a country-by-country assessment, describe what beauty and health treatment clinics (facilities) are available worldwide.
- Gender reassignment facilities/clinics in Thailand.
- What does the UK need to do to make one of its cities an attractive choice for Asian women seeking cosmetic surgery and other makeover treatments?
- Design many weight loss tourist packages with a special focus on attracting UK women.
- What factors do UK women look for when choosing weight loss packages when they want to travel to India?
Topics for a Dissertation on Wellness (Health) Tourism
The dissertation writers at TopThesis.com define wellness tourists as someone who travel to another place to rejuvenate their body and mind. Often, those who travel to reinvigorate their mental and physical strength leave their places of work for a while to do so. The following are some possible topics on wellness tourism:
- The history of health tourism and its prospects.
- How effective are Zumba classes and aerobics in attracting foreigners to UK health resorts?
- Judging by recent trends, would you say wellness is one of the new reasons for visiting various UK-governed countries?
- The role of natural spas in luxury resorts and hotels – How do foreign tourists perceive UK wellness or health spas?
- What are the essential ingredients of a wellness retreat? What planning is needed to make individual resorts the best promoters of health and wellness?
- Is the offer of meditation an effective way to attract wellness tourists?