How to Rewrite an Article Effectively - 7 Great Tips!
Whether you are writing for SEO (search engine optimization) purposes, just rephrasing various blogs, or for some other reason, rewriting articles is currently very much in demand. Apart from being a very good way of extracting great value from written work, rewriting makes a job easier because it does not involve writing from scratch. However, this is not to say you should be complacent about it. It is not acceptable to simply add in a handful of new words and phrases here and there. When you are rewriting, make sure you retain the thoughts and ideas from the original text.
Place New Order
How to Rewrite Articles
The tips below are designed to help you learn how to rewrite articles in the best way possible:
- Read the original text several times i.e. reread it until you are sufficiently familiar with it. If or when you find rewriting problematic, read the original text a few times. You should be looking for words and phrases you are not familiar with and look up their meaning. Make sure you understand the article’s topic and the message the author is trying to convey.
- Write a fresh introduction of your own. Because an introductory paragraph contributes significantly to capturing the attention of readers or losing them, you must present the most relevant ideas at the beginning. Similarly, make sure your writing is engaging and catchy so that readers keep reading to the end.
- Break up your writing with headings and, where appropriate, subheadings. Appropriately placed headings and subheadings are good for improving the layout of an article. Additionally, a heading over a long paragraph or section can make an article easier and more interesting to read. Also, you can elaborate on or draw attention to a section by adding a subheading that tells readers what that section is about.
- Make use of visual materials and graphics. Where an original text has a lot of figures, you could consider turning this into an infographic or you could use pie or bar charts to emphasize a point more visually. However, you should not overuse these. Although it can be easy (and/or tempting) to fill your article with charts, graphics, and bullet points, it is advisable to use these sparingly so that your newly created article does not appear too laden or heavy. Expert editors usually recommend you remove various visuals from an article where the only purpose these serve is decoration.
- Share your thoughts and ideas. The process of rewriting does not necessarily mean rephrasing the entire material from an original text. Express your views if you do not agree with the original author’s ideas or if you have any fresh ideas of your own. Make your own voice heard. Even though you may be rewriting an article, you are also using it for reference purposes. In such a case, you need not stick rigidly to the original piece unless you have been asked to do this. However, you should still retain the thoughts of the original article.
- Do a little rearranging of the original content. Another point to bear in mind is that you do not have to follow the order of an original text in an overly precise manner. The results will be better if you rearrange and/or edit some parts. At times, to make an article unique, it is not sufficient to simply rewrite or rephrase the words. You should consider reorganizing the entire article.
- Add a few useful links. In many cases, you will need to support information and increase its value, so you should add a few links to your rewritten article. However, you should ensure that these links are taken from high-quality and reliable websites and that these are “live.” You do not want it to be difficult for your readers or search bots to find materials you are referring to.
One very important thing to keep in mind when you are rewriting a text is that you are copying someone’s ideas and not the actual content. Considerable determination is required to become an expert at rewriting. Alternatively, you could employ a professional rewriter if you are unwilling to devote too much of your own time to it. For example, you could contact TopThesis.com! As well as high-quality writing and rewriting, we can help with editing and proofreading. No topic is beyond our capability!
TopThesis - TOP Quality THESIS Writing